Cabinetry Makeover 2022: The Top Cabinet Remodeling Trends And Tricks To Help You Before The New Year
The remodeling trends of 2022 for cabinetry will likely be changing, with more focus on providing versatility in the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. While you are planning you are upcoming kitchen or bathroom remodel, you want to prepare for what lies ahead. There are specific cabinet design trends that will help you get the most out of your remodel during this time. Top trends and tricks that will help with your cabinet remodeling project include:
Must-Ask Questions Before Remodeling Cabinets
There are many different types of cabinets, so if you're not sure what type of cabinetry you have, it's best to have your contractor do a little research. Here are some questions to ask when remodeling cabinets:️
- What type and style of cabinets are you planning on installing?
- Are the existing cabinets solid wood, particleboard, or another material?
- Are there any hard-to-reach cabinets that need to be replaced?
Before doing any kitchen remodeling, it's always a good idea to get these questions answered. These questions can help you make sure that your kitchen will have a long, useful life. If you don't ask your remodeling contractors ahead of time, they may not come up again while you're working on your project. It will also help with the planning of your new kitchen design before you get started.
Colors for Your Cabinets
The cabinets have become the heart of the kitchen, and therefore, it deserves a little extra love and attention. You can personalize them with new paint or stain, a custom finish, or a new color. The colors of the kitchen cabinets will greatly impact the overall mood of the room. The colors of the cabinets may also influence you to create a more comfortable place for yourself and your family. There are several ways to customize the finishes of cabinets, and the most common trend today is to paint them. There are also options for wood veneers, which are quickly growing in popularity, or synthetic materials that give you a variety of colors to choose from for your new cabinets.
New Cabinet Design Trends
There are many trends in cabinet design that you can incorporate into your kitchen remodel. Here are some trends that will likely be popular with cabinet designs next year:
- Curved cabinets—Curved cabinets look sleek and high-end. They're often used for kitchen islands. They also look good when paired with square or rectangular surfaces, like appliances.
- Rustic wood—Wood cabinetry goes back generations to homesteaders who built their own structures out of natural materials like pine, fir, and cedar. It's an attractive style that combines the beauty of wood with the practicality of modern cabinets.
- Stronger finishes—These finishes will have a more durable, solid feel. They often have a metallic appearance for a more modern and unique look.
- Designer cabinet styles—In many homes, people want to add a modern style with designs that give their kitchens a luxurious look. Additionally, the designer cabinets can be used in other areas as well to create a uniform look with luxury finishes that match.
Studying all the different designs and color combinations will give you a much deeper understanding of your remodeling project. Contact a cabinetry remodeling service to get started planning your project before the new year.